August 25, 2013 was our last volunteer day of the season, and our most well-attended, with over 30 extra pairs of hands on Hurricane in addition to our staff.
Tasks completed include:
- Hauling two 500-gallon water tanks up to the high cliffs.
- Sheathing the shed frame that protects our water storage tanks.
- Drywall mudding and sanding upstairs in the galley.
- Painting window trim around the galley.
- Tenting caterpillar removal.
It was a wonderfully successful day and tremendous fun–a great way to wrap up a fantastic volunteer season. Thank you all!
If you are interested in volunteering out on Hurricane, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or check here for our 2014 volunteer schedule