- You must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student graduating no earlier than February, 2013.
- US Citizen or non-citizen permanent resident.
- We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.
- You must have completed at least 3 terms in any of the following fields: biology, statistics, marine science, or experiential education.
1. We will provide your room and board on Hurricane Island for the duration of the 10-week internship from June 3 through August 9 . We encourage you to pursue funding through your home institution. We are also happy to work with you to make this internship count for any internship requirement through your college.
Application and Selection:
In order to be considered for this internship, you must submit a COMPLETE application (mail or email) by March 15, 2013. A complete application includes the following materials:
- Cover letter explaining why you are interested in conducting research on Hurricane Island and how you could see your research integrating into our curriculum with high school students.
- Resume or C.V. which includes contact information for three references. We want a complete picture of you so don’t be afraid to include information that may not pertain directly to this job.
- A letter of recommendation from a past employer in a relevant field.