We are excited to host 10 different field station directors as well as other representatives from research institutions throughout New England for a coordinated meeting about opportunities for collaborative field research opportunities in the Gulf of Maine. This meeting is convened by Bates-Morse Mountain Conservation Area and Hurricane Island Center for Science and Leadership and supported by a National Science Foundation Planning Grant.
Below are the main objectives for the meeting:
- Understand the current research and monitoring activities of small field stations and large labs.
- General consensus on research and monitoring needs in order to more fully understand climate changes on local and regional scales.
- Identify data-collection gaps in order to fill those needs.
- Begin to discuss how to implement coordinated monitoring and research efforts and make plans for continuing discussions.
- Get to know each other and build unity for coordinated Gulf of Maine climate change monitoring and research.